Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
They play a central role in shaping and delivering a strong economy by delivering policy, services, advice and regulation to support business growth.
- build trusted, competitive and effectively regulated markets
- ensure that businesses have access to the skills they need and that current and future demand for skills is met
- ensure safe and fair workplaces
- develop and support high-performing science and innovation
- lift firms’ capability — including ideas, access to capital and relationships — so that they can succeed internationally
- support the development of efficient infrastructure
- enhance the value of NZ's natural resources
- lead work to improve housing affordability, and provide employment, residential tenancy, and unit titles dispute resolution services.