Immigration New Zealand
Their job is to:
- assess visa applications from people who wish to visit, work, study, or live permanently here
- monitor travellers arriving in New Zealand without the required documents
- enforce breaches of immigration law and ensure that people who are not allowed to remain in New Zealand leave when they are supposed to
- help migrants to settle into New Zealand
- manage the New Zealand refugee programme.
They are part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.