Tenancy Services have information for tenants and landlords during the COVID-19 lockdown. Check the website for details.
- provide information on your rights and responsibilities as a landlord or tenant
- provide mediation services to help landlords and tenants talk about problems with tenancies
- refer disputes that can't be resolved at mediation to the Tenancy Tribunal
- monitor and enforce compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1986
- hold tenancy bonds in trust until the end of a tenancy.
They are part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.