Building System Performance
Building System Performance (BSP) is responsible for managing NZ building laws and regulations that protect public safety and property.
They provide building practitioners, officials, consumers and other regulators training, guidelines and information about their roles and responsibilities.
Their work includes:
- overseeing the construction regulatory system, including the Building Act and the Building Code
- resolving disputes about the use of the Building Code
- the building product certification scheme
- audit regimes for accreditation of building consent authorities
- sector-based education
- responding to the majority of the findings of the Canterbury Earthquake Royal Commission that are related to the construction regulatory system
- reporting on sector trends and innovations.
They are part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.