Skip to main content

For information about COVID-19, visit the Unite against COVID-19 website

Modifying a vehicle

You can modify, customise or retune your car, motorcycle, van or ute — but you may need a low volume vehicle (LVV) certification to get a WoF.

Check these agencies for updates on COVID-19 and available services.

Certifying a modification

You only need to get an LVV certification if you heavily modify your vehicle — and you’ll need the certificate before you can get your warrant of fitness.

You’ll need to check which categories your modifications fall into, and find a certifier who’s authorised to approve modifications in those categories.

Find an LVV certifier

The rules

Different modifications have different standards — see what you can and cannot do if you’re modifying your car’s:

Or if you’re modifying:

Utility links and page information

Is there something wrong with this page?

Page last updated: