New Zealand Transport Agency
Some driver licence services have been affected by the COVID-19 lockdown.
Their work spans everything from influencing development of the national transport system to promoting road safety, managing the state highway, and licensing drivers and vehicles.
- allocate funds from the National Land Transport Fund to activities on local roads and state highways including passenger transport services
- operate and improve the state highway network
- issue driver licences and transport service licences
- manage vehicle certification, registration and licensing
- collect road user charges and other revenue
- develop land transport rules and the official New Zealand road code
- manage driver testing services
- manage national advertising and education programmes
- administer a fund for land transport research
- provide information about travel times and traffic conditions.