Renew or replace a child passport
Most people can renew a child passport online even if it's expired, lost, stolen or damaged. It costs $105 and takes up to 10 working days.
Renew a child passport online
People 16 or over must renew their passport as an adult.
You can renew a child passport online. You must have a:
- child's passport already— even if it's expired, lost, stolen or damaged
- RealMe login — if you don’t have one you can create one during the online application
- witness's passport details — a non-family member who has known your child for more than 1 year or since birth
- digital passport photo
- credit card or NZ Post Prezzy card.
What it costs
- $105 for standard service — processing takes up to 10 working days, or
- $285 for an urgent service — processing takes up to 3 working days.
When you get it
When the passport arrives, children 10 and over must sign their passport themselves on page 3. Passports for children under 10, including babies, must not be signed.
If you need to renew using a paper form
You can use a paper application form to renew a child's passport if you can't renew it online.
Child (under 16 years old) passport application (PDF 2MB)