Renew or replace your adult passport
Renewing an adult New Zealand passport costs $191 and takes up to 10 working days. Adult passports are valid for 10 years.
Renew your adult passport
You can apply online if you want to:
- renew or replace a current or expired passport
- change your name on your passport, if you changed it in New Zealand
- replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport.
To renew your passport online you must be aged 16 or older and have a:
- passport already, even if it’s expired, lost, stolen or damaged
- RealMe login — if you don't have one, you can create one during the online application
- passport photo
- identity referee
- credit, debit or Prezzy® card.
If you need to travel urgently
If you need to travel in a hurry you can apply to have your passport renewed urgently. It costs $382 and is processed within 3 working days.
Other ways to apply
The fastest way to apply for your passport is online – no paper, postage or visits to the office needed. Paper applications can take longer as they need extra processing.
If you do need to apply by post or in person, start here to answer the questions, then look for the PDF form under 'Other ways to apply'.