Payments for young people aged 16 or 17 who can't live with their parents, and for young parents aged 16 to 19.
The youth payment is a weekly payment if you:
are 16 or 17
don’t have any children
can’t live with your parents, and
have no other financial support.
Young parent payment
A weekly payment which helps young parents aged 16 to 19.
Guaranteed childcare assistance payment
Help towards the cost of childcare if you’re:
- under 20
- have a child under 5, and
- are in full time education, training or work based learning or at school.
Check what you might get from Work and Income
Answer some questions to find out which benefits you might be entitled to. It’s confidential — the tool asks you questions but Work and Income don’t see your answers. You’ll be asked:
- for personal information about you and your partner
- what you’ve earned in the last year
- about any health conditions or disabilities
- how much you pay in rent or mortgage payments
- the value of your assets.