Work and Income
Te Hiranga Tangata
They help people get jobs by providing:
- workshops and practical advice for getting work
- training, seminars or work experience to build up confidence and skills
- grants and subsidies to encourage employers to provide work
- income support to help people get into, and stay in work
- practical support for people with the right experience to start a business.
They also support employers to find staff by providing:
- a work broker to help find the right people
- training and seminars to help clients get up to speed quickly
- wage subsidies to help with the costs of employing staff.
They provide income support to those in need through:
- benefits for people unable to support themselves
- allowances for people on low-to-middle incomes.