Universities New Zealand (UNZ)
Te Pōkai Tara
This organisation is legally known as New Zealand Vice-Chancellors Committee.
Universities NZ — Te Pōkai Tara is the statutory body for New Zealand’s 8 universities:
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- The University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington.
Functions and focus
Universities NZ's key functions are to:
- ensure academic quality assurance
- coordinate international education policy
- provide sector coordination
- inform and influence decision-making
- administer scholarships.
Universities NZ lists their points of focus and details around their legal functions.