Help for children with behaviour problems
Programmes for schools, teachers and parents to help children with behaviour and learning problems.
You may be able to get support for:
- children who have behavioural difficulties
- schools to manage crisis situations related to behaviour
- teachers and parents to promote positive behaviour in children.
Intensive wraparound service
Intensive support for children with highly complex learning and behaviour challenges, including intellectual impairment.
Resource Teachers: Learning and Behaviour is a national service that can:
- help with special teaching strategies
- introduce class or school-wide programmes
- work directly with a child or small groups of children who need special help.
Help from non-government organisations
There are a number of organisations that provide information and support for families of children with special education needs.