Ministry of Transport
Te Manatū Waka
- improve the overall performance of the transport system
- manage and account for the funds invested in transport
- monitor the performance of transport Crown entities
- lead the National Road Safety Committee, working towards safer roads, vehicles, drivers and speeds
- work with the Civil Aviation Authority and Aviation Security Service on air safety
- administer the contract with the Meteorological Service so they can provide weather forecasts and warnings
- represent New Zealand internationally in aviation and maritime issues.
They do not have a hands-on-role in daily traffic, aviation, rail or maritime matters.
Hon Michael Wood
Minister of Transport
Hon Kiri Allan
Associate Minister of Transport
Utility links and page information