Legal Aid Tribunal
If you need to go to the tribunal, check with the Ministry of Justice first.
You can ask them to review a decision about:
- applications for legal aid, including if an application has been declined
- the maximum level of legal aid granted
- the amount to be repaid by somone granted legal aid
- the conditions placed on a grant
- stopping or changing a grant
- a charge or security placed on property owned by someone granted legal aid
- enforcement of conditions placed on a grant
- payment of costs awarded to an opponent in a civil case.