Game Animal Council
The Game Animal Council is a statutory body established under the Game Animal Council Act 2013. It represents the interests of the hunting sector and will improve the management of hunting resources while contributing to positive conservation outcomes.
- Enhance the quality of game animal herds while remaining consistent with conservation values.
- Develop positive relationships between the Game Animal Council and stakeholders.
- Promote hunter safety.
- Reduce conflict among stakeholders.
- Improve the acceptance of hunting as a safe and legitimate activity.
- Promote standards for hunting and management of game animals.
- Advising and making recommendations to the Minister of Conservation on hunting issues.
- Providing information and education to the sector.
- Promoting safety initiatives.
- Conducting game animal research.
- Undertaking management functions for designated herds of special interest.