WorkSafe New Zealand
Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa
- educate and engage workplaces about health and safety, hazardous substances and energy safety
- work with other agencies and parties to improve workplace health and safety systems
- provide information, codes, and guidance tools for workers and employers
- undertake workplace assessments and investigations to improve health and safety at work
- monitor and enforce compliance with the law, and
- prosecute people for serious workplace health and safety failures.