Ōtākaro is a Crown-owned company delivering the central city Anchor Projects that the Government committed to following the Canterbury earthquakes.
- new public spaces - gardens, parks, and gathering spaces that make the central city greener, and easier and more enjoyable to move around
- major new public facilities like the Convention Centre and the Metro Sports Facility, that will encourage locals and visitors into the central city
- the Canterbury Earthquake National Memorial
- around 900 new residential dwellings, to encourage people to live in the central city
- improvements to the traffic network, to make it easier to move around the city by car, bike, or on foot.