Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children
Social workers and front line staff are working differently during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Oranga Tamariki lead New Zealand’s efforts to protect children and young people.
Its services include:
- working with children, young people and their families
- funding organisations to support communities to protect and help children
- helping young people accept responsibility for their offending and supporting them so they don’t re-offend
- providing residential and care services for children who need care and protection and for young people who offend
- assessing people who wish to adopt children and reports to the Family Court on adoption applications
- helping people access information about past adoptions.