Office of the Ombudsman
Tari o te Kaitiaki Mana Tangata
- handle complaints and investigates the administrative conduct of state sector agencies, including in relation to official information requests (OIAs)
- examine and monitor the treatment of people in places of detention eg in prisons, immigration detention facilities, and secure care in hospitals
- monitor how NZ is promoting and protecting all persons with disabilities under the UN Disabilities Convention
- provide advice to people who want to report serious wrongdoing in their workplace eg unlawful, or corrupt behaviour (whistle-blowers)
- encourage good administration in government by giving feedback and training to agencies.