Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga
- maintain the New Zealand Heritage list
- care for 48 nationally significant heritage properties
- regulate the modification of archaeological sites
- provide advice and assistance to whānau, hapū and iwi in the preservation and management of their heritage resources
- provide advice to both central and local government, and property owners on the conservation of New Zealand’s most significant heritage sites
- manage the National Heritage Preservation Incentive Fund.