Health Quality and Safety Commission
Kupu Taurangi Hauora o Aotearoa
They work with clinicians, providers and consumers to improve health and disability support services.
Programme areas include:
- health quality intelligence
- improving leadership and capability
- consumer engagement: Partners in care
- primary care
- mental health and addiction quality improvement
- medication safety
- infection prevention and control
- Safe Surgery NZ
- adverse events
- reducing harm from falls
- pressure injury prevention
- patient deterioration
- advance care planning.
They also have mortality review committees that review deaths to learn how best to prevent them.
The review committees are:
- Child and Youth Mortality Review Committee
- Family Violence Death Review Committee
- Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee
- Perioperative Mortality Review Committee
- Suicide Mortality Review Committee