Health Quality and Safety Commission New Zealand
Kupu Taurangi Hauora o Aotearoa
Their programmes include:
- medication safety
- infection prevention and control
- reporting events or incidents
- reducing harm during surgery
- reducing harm from falls
- health quality evaluation
- consumer engagement.
They also have mortality review committees that review deaths in order to learn how best to prevent these. These review committees are divided into:
- child and youth mortality
- family violence deaths
- perinatal and maternal mortality, and
- perioperative morality.