The Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand
Registration and certification services have been affected by the COVID-19 lockdown. Check the website for details.
- set teaching standards
- register teachers
- provide professional leadership
- support teachers' understanding of standards and commitments of the teaching profession
- consult on key policy developments
- deal with competence and discipline issues in teachers
- set the requirements for and approve initial teacher education programmes
- commission or carry out research to support quality teaching.