They lead the regeneration of Christchurch by working with the community, business organisations and partners to support the community's social, economic, cultural and environmental wellbeing and resilience.
- develop visions, strategies and plans to help regenerate the city
- make recommendations and provide advice to the Minister supporting Greater Christchurch Regeneration on the development or cancellation of planning instruments, and any changes
- facilitate increased investment
- comment on regeneration outcomes and interventions and the contribution of their partners
- provide independent advice on regeneration activities to the Christchurch City Council and the Minister.