New Zealand Defence Force
Te Ope Kātua o Aotearoa
- defend New Zealand’s sovereignty
- discharge their obligations as an ally of Australia
- contribute to or lead peace and security operations in the South Pacific
- make a credible contribution in support of peace and security in the Asia-Pacific region
- protect New Zealand’s wider interests by contributing to international peace and security and the international rule of law
- contribute to whole-of-government efforts at home and abroad in resource protection, disaster relief, and humanitarian assistance.