Canterbury District Health Board
Te Poari Hauora o Waitaha
Health services have been affected by the COVID-19 lockdown. Check the Canterbury District Health Board website for details.
Dial 111 in a medical emergency
If you need health advice, contact your GP anytime day or night. After hours, a registered nurse will take your call and tell what to do and where to go if you need to see a doctor.
- own and fund public hospitals
- provide and fund health services in the community
- help people with disabilities to live and participate in their communities
- promote and protect the health of the community.
Their main facilities are:
- Ashburton Hospital
- Burwood Hospital
- Christchurch Hospital
- Christchurch Women's Hospital
- Hillmorton Hospital
- Kaikoura Hospital
- The Princess Margaret Hospital
There are other community and rural health services in Canterbury.