Manukau office closing:
The Manukau office at Ronwood Avenue is closing at 2pm on Friday 18 June. The location and opening hours of the new Manukau office have not yet been confirmed.
If you need to come in for an appointment before the new Manukau office opens, book an appointment at the Auckland office
COVID-19 and BDM services:
At Alert Level 1 we encourage you to apply online or by post.
If you need to come in for an appointment:
- Bring a credit or debit card with you – our counters no longer accept cash payments.
- Scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer app.
- Stay home if you feel unwell, and call us instead.
|Freephone:||0800 22 52 52 (NZ only)|
|Phone:||+64 9 339 0852 (outside NZ)|
Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
|Online information:||Births, Deaths and Marriages|
If you're emailing about an order you have placed, you must provide:
- your name
- your delivery address, and
- details of the product you ordered, including the full name and date of the event, e.g. a birth certificate for John Smith, date of birth 1 February 2012.
Contact us through NZ Relay
If you are Deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or speech-impaired, you can use the New Zealand Relay Service (NZ Relay) to contact us.