General contact information
We are currently experiencing significant delays in processing applications and answering calls.
We apologise for these delays and we advise that:
- Processing name change requests and amendments to births, deaths and marriage records are taking longer than usual.
- We will contact you if there are any issues with your application.
COVID-19 and BDM services:
At Alert Level 1 we encourage you to apply online or by post.
If you need to come in for an appointment:
- Bring a credit or debit card with you – our counters no longer accept cash payments.
- Scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer app.
- Stay home if you feel unwell, and call us instead.
|Freephone:||0800 22 52 52 (NZ only)|
|Phone:||+64 9 339 0852 (outside NZ)|
Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm, by appointment only
|Postal address:||PO Box 10526
If you're emailing about an order you have placed, you must provide:
- your name
- your delivery address, and
- details of the product you ordered, including the full name and date of the event, e.g. a birth certificate for John Smith, date of birth 1 February 2012.