The Christchurch public counter is open by appointment only.
If you need to come in for an appointment:
- Wear a mask and practice physical distancing.
- Only the person with the appointment will be allowed in, along with a support person if you need one.
- Scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer app.
- Stay home if you feel unwell and call us instead.
|Freephone:||0800 22 52 52 (NZ only)|
|Phone:||+64 9 339 0852 (outside NZ)|
|Opening hours:||Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm, by appointment only|
Level 1, BNZ Centre
|Postal address:||Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
PO Box 25211
|Online information:||Births, Deaths and Marriages|
If you're emailing about an order you have placed, you must provide:
- your name
- your delivery address, and
- details of the product you ordered, including the full name and date of the event, e.g. a birth certificate for John Smith, date of birth 1 February 2012.
Contact us through NZ Relay
If you are Deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or speech-impaired, you can use the New Zealand Relay Service (NZ Relay) to contact us.