COVID-19 and BDM services
At Alert Level 2 we encourage you to apply online or by post.
If you need to come in for an appointment:
- We encourage you to wear a mask or face covering.
- Only the person with the appointment will be allowed in, unless you need a support person with you.
- We are following Ministry of Health guidelines of maintaining physical distancing of 1 metre. We will be able to contact trace everyone in the office.
- Bring a credit or debit card with you – our counters no longer accept cash payments.
- Stay home if you feel unwell, and call us instead.
|Freephone:||0800 22 52 52 (NZ only)|
|Phone:||+64 9 339 0852 (outside NZ)|
|Public counter opening hours:||Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm, by appointment only|
Level 1, BNZ Centre
|Postal address:||Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
PO Box 25211
|Online information:||Births, Deaths and Marriages|
If you're emailing about an order you have placed, you must provide:
- your name
- your delivery address, and
- details of the product you ordered, including the full name and date of the event, e.g. a birth certificate for John Smith, date of birth 1 February 2012.