What you’ll get paid while you’re on sick leave
When you're sick, you should be paid what you’d get if you’d worked a normal day.
If you don’t work regular hours
Your employer can either pay you:
- for the hours you were rostered to work that day
- the average amount you’ve earned on a work day over the last 12 months.
If you're sick on a public holiday and it's a day you were supposed to work:
- you'll be paid for a normal day’s work
- you won't be paid time and a half
- you won't get a day in lieu
- a day of sick leave isn't deducted from your entitlement.