How much you’ll be paid on annual holidays
Your annual holidays are paid at the rate of the greater of your ordinary weekly pay and average weekly earnings.
If you’re affected by COVID-19, Employment New Zealand has guidance on work-related issues:
While you’re on annual leave, you’re paid at least the greater amount of:
- your normal or ordinary weekly pay, or
- the average you’ve earned a week over the 12 months before your holiday.
The Employment New Zealand website has information on calculating annual holiday payment rates, including annual holiday payment scenarios, taking holidays in advance and what you get paid if you've been on parental leave in the last 12 months.
- Calculating annual holiday payment rates
- Timing of payment for annual holidays
- Taking holidays in advance
- Impact of parental leave on payment rate
- When employment ends
Utility links and page information