Skip to main content

Scam alert: emails offering refunds from are not legitimate. If you receive this scam or other suspicious emails, report them to

Change your gender on your official ID

If you’ve changed your gender, or if your gender has been wrongly recorded, you can update your official identification. You can record your gender as M (male), F (female) or X (gender diverse).

Change your passport

To change the gender on your passport, you need to complete a passport application form and pay for a new passport.

Changing your gender identity on your passport

Change your driver licence record

Visit the New Zealand Transport Agency website for information about updating your driver licence.

Gender on the Driver Licence Register

Utility links and page information

Was this page helpful?
Thanks, do you want to tell us more?

Do not enter personal information. All fields are optional.

Last updated