Responsibilities and privileges of a citizen
To become a NZ citizen, you need to be aware of the responsibilities and privileges you'll have as a New Zealander.
You'll have the same responsibilities and privileges as a person born in NZ.
Things you must do:
- obey and promote the laws of NZ
- not act in a way that is against the interests of NZ
- register to vote
- pay tax
- behave as a responsible New Zealander.
Things you'll have the right to do:
- live in NZ indefinitely
- travel overseas on a NZ passport
- stand for parliament or local government
- have full access to education
- have full economic rights
- represent NZ in sports.