Emergency help when you’re overseas
If you're overseas and need help now, call +64 4 439 8000.
What NZ Embassies can help with
NZ Embassies can help you if something goes wrong while you're overseas. Consular and embassy staff can help you:
- replace a lost or stolen passport
- contact home to ask for emergency funds
- if you’re arrested
- contact home if you're ill or injured
- if there's a death overseas
They can also help with general advice so you can help yourself, and during crises such as civil unrest and natural disasters.
What NZ Embassies can't help with
Consular and embassy staff can't:
- pay bills for hotels, travel, legal or medical expenses or the costs of returning a body to NZ
- give you legal advice, investigate a crime or get you out of prison
- get you better conditions in prison or hospital than a local
- provide you with financial help (except in a real crisis — and you’ll have to pay any money back)
- operate a mail service for you or store your stuff
- become involved in civil disputes.
Calling outside of office hours
Only emergencies (eg death, arrest, illness or injury to NZ citizens) are handled outside office hours — routine matters are dealt with during regular NZ office hours. You’ll be asked to state the nature of your emergency before you're put through to a consular officer.