Skip to main content

Paying for home insulation

Find out if you can get help to pay for home insulation and efficient, fixed heating options through the Warmer Kiwi Homes programme.

Warmer Kiwi Homes grants

These grants help you with the cost of:

  • ceiling and underfloor insulation
  • some heating options.

The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) explains the important details for getting Warmer Kiwi Homes grants.

Warmer Kiwi Homes programme — EECA

Who can get Warmer Kiwi Homes grants

The EECA has eligibility checklists for each type of grant — insulation and heating.

Are you eligible? — EECA

More eligibility information

Work and Income has information about its:

How much you can get

The EECA lists how much of the cost is covered and other important details.

Warmer Kiwi Homes programme — EECA

More help with the insulation and heating costs

For the amounts not covered by Warmer Kiwi Homes grants, the EECA lists its partners. They might be able to help you with part of the remaining cost.

Warmer Kiwi Homes partners — EECA

How to apply

Use the Warmer Kiwi Homes tool to find out if you are eligible and apply.

Warmer Kiwi Homes tool — EECA

What happens next

If you get a grant, a company will contact you to:

  • arrange a visit to your home
  • talk about the installation process.

If you cannot get a grant, you might be able to add the cost of insulation to your mortgage or rates bill.

What options are available if my home isn't eligible for government-subsidised insulation? — Citizens Advice Bureau

Utility links and page information

Was this page helpful?
Thanks, do you want to tell us more?

Do not enter personal information. All fields are optional.

Last updated