Make a complaint about food poisoning
500 New Zealanders a day get food poisoning. It’s a serious risk if you’re sick, pregnant, very young or elderly.
Making a complaint
Food poisoning can be life-threatening — especially if you’re:
- very young
If you think you have food poisoning as a result of food you’ve bought, report it to a Health Protection Officer at your local Public Health Unit.
Find out about:
- symptoms of food poisoning
- reporting dirty food premises or unhygienic food handling
- breaches in food for sale regulations
- undeclared allergens in food
- food safety versus food quality.