Online consultation terms and conditions
Before you join in the conversation, take a moment to read our terms and conditions and make sure your submission meets our requirements.
This online consultation belongs to the public sector agency that created it. That agency is responsible for moderating and publishing submissions. In these terms and conditions, any references to ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘the consulting agency’, means the consulting public sector agency.
We may include website links or information from other sources in the consultation. This doesn’t mean that the consulting agency, Govt.nz or the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) endorses them.
All comments will be moderated before publication. Submissions won't be published if they don’t meet these terms and conditions.
Even if your comments aren't published, they'll still be included as part of the consultation.
Requirements for submissions
Your submission must:
- be respectful of other submitters and their comments
- be as concise as possible
- if possible, be in English. However, if your preferred language is not English we’ll try to have a translator review your submission. This may mean your submission takes longer to be published
- be relevant to the consultation.
Your submission must not:
- reveal personal details, eg addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other contact details (except for your own name if you are happy for it to be published on this site)
- discuss or comment on individual enquiries
- contain anything illegal (including defamatory material), confidential or commercially sensitive
- infringe anyone’s intellectual property rights
- contain offensive language
- include malicious or offensive comments, including comments on other peoples' race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or other personal characteristics
- advertise commercial products and services
- pretend to be someone else or represent an organisation (without that organization's permission).
Licence for submissions
You grant the consulting agency and DIA a non-exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable licence to:
- publish your submission in any media and in any format, including in any website, printed publication, email notification or alert, or web feed, and
- sub-license your submission for re-use by others on the same terms as the licence you have granted the consulting agency and DIA.
Third party copyright
If you don’t own copyright or other intellectual property for anything included in your submission, you confirm that you have the right to use that material and to grant the licence for submission set out above.
Whether we publish it or not, your submission will be subject to the Official Information Act 1992.
Updates to these terms
These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time without prior notice.